Friday, December 15, 2017

New Pattern: Calculate This!

In early November, I visited my good friend Diane in Chicago (hello, girls' weekend celebrating my birthday!). On her guest bed, she has a quilt made of book blocks, and then coordinating throw pillows with appliqued nerdy glasses. Inspired by her "nerd" decor, I came home and designed this calculator quilt, called "Calculate This." 
(shown below in two colorways)


The design is based on the little handheld calculator I use to proof quilt patterns. After I designed it, I knew exactly what fabric collection I wanted to use: Matthew's Mini Monsters collection by Matthew Pridemore for Contempo Studio. The LED Numeric Display and Circuit Board prints were perfect, and the tonal gear prints work well everything else! 


I'm using the LED Numeric Display print on the back as well.

Here's a photo of the completed quilt top. It measures 52-1/2" x 74-1/2". 
Such a fun quilt for your favorite mathematician!
Purchase this pattern on Craftsy here.

The pattern includes full-size template pages for the appliques. Once you cut out all the applique shapes, the quilt goes together pretty quickly. I love how realistic all the buttons look! 

If you love this quilt as much as I do, you can purchase the pattern and make your own version. 
Purchase the "Calculate This" pattern on Craftsy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment