Monday, July 31, 2017

OMG: Chorus Line Quilt Top!

My July One Monthly Goal, which was to finish my Chorus Line quilt top, almost didn't have a happy ending. I re-figured the quilt assembly (the original called for a separate "frame" around each row of blocks, but since my frames were all the same color, I didn't want double frames). I assembled the quilt center. And then I went to cut the borders. 

And ran into that oh-so-common tale of woe that all quilters know--not enough fabric! I'd purchased the black/gray/white stripe on a slight whim, hoping it would work for this quilt but not knowing. I just bought a yard or so, not thinking about it being directional. Oops! I didn't have enough to cut directional borders. 

I found 2 remaining yards of the fabric on Fabric.com and ordered it on July 25th. I left town on July 26th with my quilt looking like this: 


I came home today, July 31st, with a few hours to spare and a box of fabric on my front step. Borders added! Quilt top finished! Happy ending!
And the quilt is upside down in this photo. But it's done, so I can't be picky! :)
Thanks to Patty at Elm Street Quilts for hosting OMG!


4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for the package arriving in time for you to finish. Quilt looks great. I too got in just under the wire (due to procrastination).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got your fabric! What a fun quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your goal finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. Your setting fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete