Thursday, April 9, 2015

Block Happy!

Every couple of months I collect pictures of all the blocks I've sewed recently--usually for my do.Good Stitches Believe group and for the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild--and share them in one post. Here we go!

Our do. Good January "block" was actually a row of black and white squares with houses nestled in. Here's my row in two halves:

And assembled:

February do. Good blocks: the theme was arrow blocks--any kind. I loved the color palette too.


March do. Good blocks were any variation we wanted of Monkey Wrench blocks in gray, aqua and orange. These were really fun to make.


And then our March online activity for the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild: Log Cabin blocks cut into quarters. Here's my first block whole:


And cut into quarters:

My second block whole:

And cut into quarters:

 And then just for fun, I laid out four pieces together to see what it would look like:

The February color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge was pink. My pink stash isn't as extensive as my blue, so I actually made progress in reducing it by making these blocks!

Here they all are together:

The Log Cabin blocks:

The wonky star 25-patch blocks:

The slab and the made fabric block:

And then my pink and blue (January) blocks together:

These will make some fun rainbow scrap quilts by the end of the year!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, fun blocks! I recognize several of the black and white prints in your first set of blocks (Blank Quilting) because I have some of them. You are going to have some super scrappy quilts at year's end for sure.

    ReplyDelete