Monday, April 7, 2014

April ALYOF Goal

I've picked my goal for April's A Lovely Year of Finishes! I won these improv herringbone blocks at the September meeting of the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild. I've had them up on my design wall a couple times since then, but that's as close as I've gotten to actually piecing them into a quilt.

During April, my goal is to finish this quilt top. Our next meeting is May, and while I don't think I'll actually be to the point of taking the finished quilt to the meeting, at least this way I can bring the top!

Here's the layout I like best so far. I'm going to add 1" wide white sashing, echoing the "sashing" in each block.


Can't wait!


6 comments:

  1. I love the layout you picked! The switching of directions really makes each block pop on its' own. Can't wait to see it with sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya... switching of directions is exactly what you needed to do!! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, like the directions flipped. Will be fabulous when completed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your favorite layout too. Such cool blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that rotating the blocks a quarter turn works so well with those gems ~ can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool! I like the movement of the rotated blocks.

    ReplyDelete