Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Another Block Party of 1

These blocks weren't all made today; the photos for several of them have just been biding their time to be added to a post!

My August do.Good.stitches blocks for the Believe circle--easy blue and white stars!

My July do.Good.stitches blocks for the Believe circle--I really love how these blocks look when they come together as a quilt! You can find the pattern for this paper pieced block here.


Finally, I was in charge of selecting our August/September online activity for the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild. I'd had my eye on this awesome Improv Herringbone block tutorial for a while now, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it out. I made the turquoise block first, and just for fun decided to see if I could make it without repeating a fabric. You can see the entire post here (and anyone is welcome to join in the online portion of our guild and participate in these block raffles, so if the improv herringbone block is calling your name, let me know!).

My WIP Wednesday: Wanting to up my chances to win all the improv herringbone blocks at our September meeting (each block you make gets you an entry in the drawing to win all the blocks!), I stitched up a second block today. Again, I challenged myself not to repeat a fabric. Hoping I can squeeze in the time to make one more block before our meeting!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.



1 comment: