Tuesday, August 20, 2013

So satisfying...

Quilting has taken back seat to all the usual summer fun this year, so I'm especially excited about this finish because it's been a while since I've had one.

My sweet nephew, Baby J, was born in April, right around when I was first working on this quilt. In a few days, the postman will be delivering this: 

I had it quilted at one of the local quilt shops here in town, the Bernina Sewing Center. I wanted a fairly simple pattern that wouldn't take away from the busy-ness of the fabrics, but that also had a modern feel. I really like how the pattern looks on the quilt!

An orangey-red dot is on the back, and I used the same fabric from the sashing for the binding.

Can't wait for this gift to arrive!
And next? Another niece was born last Friday. Looks like it's time to start another baby quilt!

4 comments:

  1. Love it and I'm certain your nephew will too! Congrats on a new Nephew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how bright and cheerful this quilt is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a niece, Isabelle, born on the 7th, and have just found out we have another niece or nephew due in Feb! I have Isabelle's quilt top nearly finished, another one to make for a cousins baby due in November, then I'll get on to the next one. Baby's everywhere!

    ReplyDelete