Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Lovely Year of Finishes Goal Complete!

I posted back at the beginning of the month that my July Lovely Year of Finishes goal was to sew a zafu meditation cushion for my lovely friend Diane. 

And...drumroll, please...I finished! 


I used this tutorial and the home dec fabric that Diane chose. It was great practice in making pleats and sewing circular shapes. I made a lining pillow out of muslin first--a trial run for using the more expensive outer fabric. I also got "fancy" and put a zipper in the lining pillow as well. The cushion gets filled with buckwheat hulls, and this way Diane can adjust the fullness as she likes. 

(Not the most exciting photos; sorry! But the cushion is quite comfy!)

 Six months of fulfilled goals; six months to go!





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing you goal and now being 7 for 7!

    ReplyDelete